Saturday, April 3, 2010

Motherhood...

You think you have an idea of what it will be like, how it will feel to love *your* child... but i'm not sure any book, any "experience" with kids, any stories or advice from friends could possibly prepare you for motherhood. Prepare you for those moments that make you stop and think "wow...I love this kid". We had a long day... one of those days where things just didn't flow. Maybe the lack of sleep at night had caught up to us both, maybe some teeth trying to break through gums...whatever the reason, it was a long and tiring day. We sat in the rocking chair and I had FINALLY nursed him to sleep (so I thought). I stood up to walk upstairs with his head down on my shoulder and I heard "vvrooom, vvroom, vvrooooom, vvroom..." (you know, the noise a car or tractor make?) I was so exhausted that any noise at that point indicating that he was awake again should have brought me to tears. Instead, I had one of *those* moments. With a huge smile on my face, holding in the laughter, I thought "Man, I love this kid".

No comments:

Post a Comment