Sunday, May 2, 2010

Bad Mommy Moments...

I was running the bath water tonight for Benjamin when I looked up and noticed he was playing with the toilet. The toilet water to be exact. So many nights I struggle to run the bath water and undress him while he tries to pull out all of the drawers, open the cupboard door, unravel the entire roll of toilet paper (you get the idea). Some nights are easier than others. Tonight, I let the poor child play in toilet water. The kid LOVES water! It can't really be that bad, can it? I'll admit... I took the easy way out. But, it was so much easier than fighting him, and he had a huge smile on his face!

During bathtime I started thinking of all my "bad mommy moments". My list is small, but i'm confident it will grow. Here is what I could come up with. (this is like confession)

-skipped lotion time after baths a couple nights in a row and we ended up with dry patches.

-skipped meal time and headed to the rocking chair to nurse because I didn't feel like cooking.

-the time I let him play with an unopened soda can and we ended up with stitches... Oh, wait. That was his father. (Oh please, one time I pinched his skin in the seatbelt and didn't hear the end of it for weeks!)

Speaking of stitches... here is a picture of Benjamin the night we brought him home from the ER. Poor baby is still smiling!


By the way, the stitches are all out! The doctor did a great job and he is healing wonderfully, thank goodness!

Here are some "happier" pictures of playtime!


"Can I go with you, Dad?"

Taking a little swim.

I love you, Benjamin!

No comments:

Post a Comment